An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good

An Elderly Lady is Up to No GoodSo this is a well written and fairly entertaining book that I really wanted to like.  It was four short stories that all featured the same main character: an elderly lady with nefarious purposes.  The main problem for me was that I just really didn't like the old lady.  Not only is she killing people, she is mainly killing people who annoy her for one reason or another.  Her reasons can't even be spun as somewhat "altruistic".  I also had some sort of impression that this was a mystery book, but it's really not since you know who is doing the murdering, since she is the narrator and she is telling you about it. I would definitely classify it more as crime than mystery. 

I really wanted to like this book, but while I found it well done, I can't say I exactly found it likable.  I just can't seem to get into books with unlikable protagonists.

Comments

  1. I have that same problem. If I don't like the main character, I'm not going to like the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really wanted to like this one too. I also tend to dis-like the unreliable narrator type books that are so popular lately.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts